Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy New Year!

Well, it seems as though the new year is coming in with a bang! I started the year off with some type of head cold and now Mike has injured his foot - the kicker (no pun intended) is that the dr. cannot determine whether or not his foot is actually broken! He injured it at work when he dropped a 90lb gear on it - I am quite thankful for the invention of metatarsal boots! He is doing OK though and hopefully it won't take too long to heal.

On a brighter note, Little Miss is growing and thriving and busy being the most wonderful baby ever. She certainly is developing quite a personality, and we have had many indications that she will be a stubborn, independent little one (considering her parents, we are not surprised!)! She discovered her toes the week before Christmas, and within a week she could sit up for short periods by herself. She "slept through the night" one night for me - and I was ready to start rejoicing in the extra sleep, but we soon realized it was the cold medicine that was making her sleep. Oh well, I am enjoying even the night wakings, for I know they will come to an end all too soon. In fact, that is one of my favorite times with Aayla - everything is peaceful and quiet and it's just the two of us.

Daisy was treated to a bath this evening, and is now staying as far away from me as possible lest I invent some even worse form of torture! She absolutely despises her bath, but Aayla got a huge laugh out of watching Daisy shake and roll around on our bed to get all the clean off of her. I find it so funny that such big laughs come out of such little people!!!

Well, I finished another digital layout - I wasn't going to post it because I have seen the work that some of you do (and I cannot compete at this time!) - but Lyndsey persuaded me that I should post it, so here it is:



The kit I used to create this layout is actually a freebie! It's "Vintage Florals" available at Shabby Princess.

3 Comments:

At 3:14 AM, Blogger no said...

Tell the truth...Mike was trying to kick the dog, and he missed and broke his Xbox's. And what you didn't tell us is that you broke your foot when you kicked his hiney, right?
J/k!

How ya'll been!? We never talk anymore! I know, life has become very busy for everyone. Anyhoo, just wanted to drop by and say hi.

Big Nuga

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

That scrapbook page of Aayla is absolutely beautiful! That is such a neat idea. I do want to get into that...but for now I will just have to practice with pictures of my cat! Hope Mike's foot heals soon!

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kris,
Your daughter is totally cute!!! How have you been, it was fun catching up a little on your webpage. I miss all those fun times in the dorm in our room freshman year.
I have a new roommate. :) I am married with a daughter of my own.
Love to keep in touch,
LeAnna Comstock (Mansfield)
clkiwis@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home