Tuesday, July 18, 2006

An End in Sight. . .

Well, they say no news is good news, but I think that would depend upon whom you ask. I wanted to post this to let you all know that Baby Ertl has not made an appearance yet - long absences from the blogosphere do cause people to wonder! There is (as the title of this post suggests) an end in sight for us though. At my appointment on Monday, my midwife scheduled me to be induced on Friday A.M. if I don't go into labor before then. The reason for the induction (or inducement - not sure which is actually correct), is the SUA. If not for that, she would not consider inducing until I was closer to 42 weeks.
The baby seems to be doing well. According to the NST - "good fetal movement" - let me tell you that they don't have to hook me up to a monitor for me to know that this baby has good fetal movement! My poor ribs can attest to the strength and frequency of the baby's jabs!
In other news, there really is no other news. I feel as though everything is "on hold" in a way. I don't really want to make plans for anything, lest the plans are ruined. Maybe reverse psychology would work here though - maybe if I make some grandious, outrageous plans, the baby will decide to make an appearance to thwart them. Or maybe I am desperately grasping at straws here! I know that God's timing is perfect and there is an end to this (although I have almost convinced myself, as I'm sure most pregnant women do, that I will be the first woman EVER to have a never-ending pregnancy!). So, I am attempting to patiently wait for that end!

2 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Kris! At least there is an end in sight- you know at the latest you will have a baby by the weekend! Yeah! You guys are in our prayers- we can't wait to hear the news!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger mike.kris said...

Thanks for the encouragement and the prayers! We are hoping that the baby decides to come on his/her own without any medical intervention, but we shall see. . . Apparently, the baby is quite satisfied with his/her existing home and not yet ready to leave voluntarily!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home